5 Best Car Subwoofers for Bass Lovers (Reviewed 2023!)
I’m sure that you’ll agree with me that when it comes to choosing the best car subwoofer, there are lots of factors to consider.
Size, power, and type of enclosure all play a role in finding the perfect subwoofer for a custom system.
In this blog post, we will compare and review the best subwoofers for cars on the market for their bass quality.
So, whether you are looking for a new subwoofer for your existing car stereo system or you are starting from scratch, read on for all the information you need to make an informed decision!
What are the Best Subwoofers for Cars?
While there are many options out there in the market, here are the best car subwoofers premium brands I found:
1) Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Subwoofer Enclosure
Best Top-Of-The-Line Subwoofer for Car
The Rockford Fosgate P300-12 is a 12” subwoofer that comes pre-loaded in a sealed enclosure.
It’s designed to deliver a great bass sound and good low frequencies to complement a car stereo system for your cars, trucks, and SUVs.
This car subwoofer is perfect for anyone who wants the best car subwoofers out there that have great bass without having to worry about setting up an enclosure.
The P300-12 car subwoofer is also a great choice for those who are looking for a top-of-the-line subwoofer but don’t want to break the bank.
- The unit is a 12” subwoofer pre-loaded in a sealed enclosure.
- Features a built-in amplifier (300 watts)
- Dimensions (Wedge H x W x D1 x D2): 15” x 19.8” x 11” x 7”
- Featuring an adjustable 12db/Octave low pass crossover
- Features a built-in adjustable bass EQ if you love to customize your EQs.
- It has a built-in 0°/180° phase switch, so you’ll get the right directionality of your music.
- Remote bass level control included.
- It features a closed-loop design between the subwoofer, the amplifier, and the enclosure which can be easily integrated with other OEMs using RCA or speaker level signals.
- Comes with a full 1-year warranty.
- No need to worry about setting up an enclosure
- Great audio quality with low bass frequencies
- Excellent sound quality and bass response
- Compact and easy to install
- Durable construction
- Loud bass
- Not as much power as some of the other subwoofers on this list
- More expensive than other options on the market
The Rockford Fosgate P300-12 is the best overall subwoofer for cars on the market right now. It delivers excellent sound quality and quality bass response in a compact and easy-to-install package.
The only downside is that it is more expensive than some of the other options on this list.
However, I believe that the quality of this subwoofer is a good deal despite the cost higher!
2) MTX Audio TNP212D2 Terminator Power Pack Subwoofer System
Best Overall Subwoofer for Car
The MTX Audio TNP212D2 Terminator Power Pack Subwoofer System is one of the best subwoofers for cars on the market.
It’s a 12” car subwoofer that comes with a sealed enclosure and two amplifiers.
The TNP212D is perfect for anyone who wants to add some serious bass to their car audio system.
This subwoofer system is also relatively easy to install, making it a great choice for those who are not familiar with car audio systems.
- 12” subwoofer with a sealed enclosure
- 2 X 12″ Subwoofer Enclosure And Mono Block Amplifiers
- The subwoofers consume 1200W of power.
- It has the ability to vary EQ using Variable Low and High Pass Filters in the 40Hz – 400Hz range
- Dimensions: 32″ x 17″ x 16.13″
- It comes with a mono block amplifier and 2x subwoofers. This means you get the whole package without the need to buy more parts.
- Works well in lower temperatures too (winter)
- Not as powerful as some of the other subwoofers on this list
- The sealed enclosure may not be ideal for all cars.
- The amp’s set screws are somewhat flimsy, especially the remote terminal.
- Can get quite hot after some use.
- The electrical plugs are designed for use in the US, so if you live overseas, you may need to check its compatibility.
The MTX Audio TNP212D is a great overall subwoofer for cars. It’s easy to install and adds a significant amount of bass to your car audio system.
However, it has less available power than as some of the other subwoofers on this list.
If you are looking for a simple and effective way to add bass to your car audio system, the MTX Audio TNP212D is a great choice!
3) KICKER 42CWQ102 10″ CompQ Subwoofer
Best Subwoofer for Car With Deep Bass
The KICKER 42CWQ102 is a great subwoofer for cars that need deep bass. Or, if you just love something that can really bring out those kick drums, and bass notes.
And boy, can this bad boy deliver some strong bass!
The 42CWQ102 is also relatively easy to install, making it a great choice for those who are not familiar with car audio systems.
- Flush mount design
- 700W RMS
- Frequency Response [Hz]: 24 – 100
- Dual voice coil subwoofers
- Dimensions: 11.06″ x 11.06″ x 15.51″
- Designed to deliver quality sound with minimal distortion
- Shallow-mount design makes it easy to install
- Dual voice coils allow you to wire this subwoofer in multiple ways
- Sounds good at both high and low volumes
- This system is specifically designed for 70s, 80s, rock, hair metal, and melodic rock type music.
- Comes with a 3-year manufacturer warranty.
- Deep bass frequencies
- Maximum power is not as powerful as some of the other subwoofers on this list.
- Doesn’t come in an enclosure.
The KICKER 42CWQ102 is a good subwoofer for those of you who like your cars to put out deep bass.
It’s easy to install and delivers quality sound with minimal distortion.
However, it is not as powerful as some of the other subwoofers on this list.
4) BOSS Audio Systems CXX8 8″ Car Subwoofer
Best Budget-Friendly Subwoofer for Car
The BOSS Audio Systems CXX8 is one of the best options if you’re looking for car speakers (car subwoofers) on a budget!
This car subwoofer speaker system, in particular, delivers sound quality without breaking the bank.
It’s a great choice for anyone who wants to add some bass to their car audio system without spending a lot of money or if you’re completely new to the scene.
The CXX8 is also relatively easy to install, making it a great choice for those who are not familiar with car audio systems.
- 600 watts max power
- Shallow-mount design
- Non-pressed paper cone
- Dimensions: 8. 25″ x 8. 25″ x 4. 3″
- Includes a stamped basket that can absorb energy from the car speaker, providing good thermal and electrical conductivity at higher temperatures.
- The voice coils are made of aluminum and can withstand high temperatures, allow longer play times, and achieve a lighter weight.
- Budget-friendly: It sells at a reasonable price point for a decent subwoofer
- Its cone is made of Polypropylene, which is a durable and resilient material that sounds good and lasts long.
- Shallow-mount design makes it easy to install
- 800 watts max power
- It is surrounded by a rubber surround, which allows it to be impermeable to air and resist multiple weather conditions.
- Not as powerful as some of the other subwoofers on this list.
- Some users have reported that it heated up very quickly, which could lead to fires in hot environments.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly subwoofer that is easy to install, the BOSS Audio Systems CXX is a great choice.
5) JL Audio 12W0v3-4 Subwoofer
Best Subwoofer for Car with Superb Heat Dissipation
JL is one of the best car subwoofer brands out there! They are known for their build quality and reliability.
The JL Audio 12W0v3-4 Subwoofer is a great subwoofer for cars with superb heat dissipation.
The JL Audio 12W0v3-4 is a great subwoofer for cars with superb heat dissipation. It’s designed to deliver quality sound with minimal distortion, and it’s easy to install.
Plus, it comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- 12” 4-ohm subwoofer
- 75-300 watts RMS power
- 600 watts peak power
- Dimensions: 16″ W x 19″ H x 11.75″ D
- Frequency range: 22-250 Hz
- It includes an optimized motor system that promotes precise, linear cone movement.
- It has an advanced cooling system that dissipates heat rapidly away.
- The unique raised frame design (patented) delivers air directly to the voice coil, which is cooled for enhanced power handling.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Superb heat dissipation prevents the subwoofer from overheating
- It’s very durable due to the tough polypropylene con: it is resistant to flexing and has a foam surround that can withstand heavy use.
- Comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Designed to work best with compact sealed or medium-sized ported enclosures.
- More expensive than some of the other subwoofers on this list.
The JL Audio 12W0v3-4 is a great subwoofer for cars with superb heat dissipation.
If you’re sick of your car subwoofers heating up and even catching fire all the time, do check this one out!
There are a lot of great subwoofers for cars on the market. It is important to choose the right one for your needs.
I hope that this article has helped you narrow down your choices and find the best subwoofer for your car.
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this blog post!